Temporal range: Late Cretaceous
|An artist's illustration of Sinoceratops zhuchengensis|
| Sinoceratops zhuchengensis|
Sinoceratops is a Ceratopsian from late Cretaceous China. It measured up to 20 feet long and weighed wrong 2.5 metric tons. It would have lived along many dinosaurs, including Zhuchengtyrannus and Huxiasaurus. It's name means "Chinese Horned Face". It was discovered in the Xingezhuang formation.
In Popular Culture
- Sinoceratops Makes its first media appearance in Adventures Of Dinosaurs - Ceratops Part 1.
- In the Fossil Fighters series, Sinoceratops is a playable Vivosaur.
- It also appears in the new card game, called Apex.
- In Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, it is revealed that there are surviving Sinoceratops populations remaining on Isla Nublar after the 2015 Incident, but will now face an impending danger, alongside many other creatures, in the form of an erupting volcano. These clones look incredibly similar to their real life counterparts except the clones has holes in its fenestrae, which no ceratopsian had, a taller frill, and two spikes on the center of the frill similar to that of a Pachyrhinosaurus. It was meant to be Pachyrhinosaurus in the film, but it was later changed to Sinoceratops for as yet unknown reasons.
- Sinoceratops makes a brief cameo appearance in The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave.
- Sinoceratops will be in Jurassic World: Alive, based on the Fallen Kingdom dinosaur.
- Sinoceratops will appear in a free Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom update for Jurassic World Evolution, based on the Fallen Kingdom dinosaur.