Prehistoric Park is a British mockumentary sci-fi drama series made by the animation house Impossible Pictures for ITV, in 2006. Nigel Marven, who has appeared in other dinosaur-related programs before, stars in this series as he goes back in time to save prehistoric creatures from extinction, at the brink of their extinctions.
The extinct animals that are brought to Prehistoric Park throughout the series are as follows:
- A male Triceratops named Theo.
- A herd of around thirteen to twenty Ornithomimus, which go on to have twelve chicks.
- Two young Tyrannosaurus rex, who are siblings. One is a male named Terrence, and the other is a female named Matilda.
- A female Woolly Mammoth named Martha.
- A male Elasmotherium. (Wooly Rhino)
- A small group of Microraptors.
- A herd of nine titanosaurs.
- A Phorusrhacos. (Terror Bird).
- Two Sabre-toothed Cats, one male and one female. The Cats later go on to have two cubs.
- A Meganeura (Giant Dragonfly).
- A Pulmonoscorpius (Giant Scorpion).
- An Arthropleura. (Giant Centipede).
- A Deinosuchus. (Massive Croc).
- A Troodon. Unlike the other animals, Nigel and the crew do not intentionally bring back the Troodon, it hides in the back of their truck as they return to the present.
As well as the extinct animals, there are also several modern-day animals that reside in the park. These include a herd of African Elephants, a Cheetah, a group of Nile Crocodiles and free-roaming Egrets and Ibis. Nigel also keeps a few smaller animals in and around his base, which include a Blue and Yellow Macaw, a Hermann's Tortoise, a Western Hog-nosed Snake and two Jackson's Chameleons.
Animals seen in the wild:
Episode 1 T-rex Returns
Episode 2 A Mammoth Undertaking
- Ursus Spelaeus (Cave Bear)
- Woolly Mammoth
- Cro-Magnon (live-acted by Human)
- Cave Hyena (live-acted by Spotted Hyena)
- Gray Wolf (live-acted by Siberian husky)
- Elasmotherium (Wooly Rhino)
Episode 3 Dinobirds
- Anhanguera (pterosaur) (identified as Pterosaur)
- Mei Long (Mei (dinosaur))
- Borealosaurus (identified as Titanosaur)
Episode 4 Saving the Sabre-Tooth
- Toxodon (massive Hippo like mammals)
- Smilodon (Saber-toothed cat)
- Phorusrhacos (Terror Bird)
- Six-banded Armadillo (live-acted)
- Red Brocket Deer (live-acted)
Episode 5 The Bug House
- Meganeura (identified as Giant Dragonfly)
- Arthropleura (giant Centipede)
- Pulmonoscorpius (identified as Giant Scorpion)
- Crassigyrinus (giant swamp amphibian)