|Name Translation||"five horned face"|
|Period||Cretaceous (135-75.8 mya)|
Pentaceratops, meaning "five horned face", was an ornischian (bird-hipped) dinosaur, and was part of the family Ceratopsia. In the brief time that it roamed the earth, Pentaceratops, like the other members of its brood, were highly successful, and for a time, the earth was overrun by millions of these bulky tank-like creatures. Pentaceratops, despite its name, only had three true horns. the other two were no more than elongated cheekbones, a feature which was a common characteristic of many other ceratopsians. Pentaceratops, as with all horned dinosaurs, had a curved, toothless beak which it used to nip leaves of plants. Also one of Pentaceratops', and indeed, all of its relative's, defining features was its large ornate defensive crest-shield, which was used both to protect from and deter predators, and to use in courtship and mating rituals.
- Pentaceratops appeared in the series called The Little Dinos.
- Pentaceratops appeared in the series Dinosaur King.
- Pentaceratops appeared in Denver, the Last Dinosaur.
- Pentaceratops was originally supposed to appear in the movie Disney’s Dinosaur but was cut from the film and it's concept art is shown.
- Pentaceratops appeared in the video game Jurassic World: Evolution.
- Pentaceratops was featured in the PS3 Game Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs.