FANDOM

The dragnor

aka Just Know me The D

Discussions Moderator Chat moderator
  • I live in Turkey Republic; Anatolia
  • I was born on March 19
  • My occupation is University Student
  • I am Male!
A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • Are you on Animal Database?

      Loading editor
  • As far as my paleontological knowledge goes, were all Spinosaurids piscivorous?

    Enjoy your day and stay safe,

    Spino

      Loading editor
    • Hello there Spino! Its good to see you, how are you ? :)



      As far as the actual, verifiable evidence goes? No. There are quite the amount of fossil evidence that points out Spinosauridae were generalistic carnivores, even Apex/Dominant Predators. 

      Spinosauridae are splint into two subfamilies : Baryonychinae & Spinosaurinae - There is enough evidence to support that both of these subfamilies are Carniviorus instead of overexaggratedly specialized.

      For Baryonychinae; there is the Primary example of Baryonyx : whose found to consume both fish & subadult İguanodon

      Source : https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-did-baryonyx-change-what-we-knew-about-spinosaurs.html

      Quote : Surrey Baryonyx had a more varied last meal. Susie explains, 'They found what they thought could be its stomach contents in its abdominal region. There were fish scales and also Iguanodon bones, so these dinosaurs probably weren't only eating fish but would have eaten whatever was going.'

      An undeniable conclusion for the Baryonychidae were indeed generalistic and carnivorous.

      There is even more factual evidence for Spinosaurinae, closest relatives of Spinosaurus, being Generalist Carnivores rather than psicviores, as two of the spinosaurinae : Siamosaurus & Irritator have found with undeniable fossil evidence

      >For Irritator :  A tooth belonging to Irritator was discovered still inserted into the fossil neck vertebral column of an ornithocheirid pterosaur, likely with a wingspan of 3.3 m (a quite large pterosaur!). This indicates that Irritator ate pterosaurs. Additionally; Naish and colleagues in 2004 supported the theory that Irritator hunted both aquatic and terrestrial animals as a generalist within the coastal area and in addition probably searched for carrion; and for the final conclusion; 2018, Paleontologist Aureliano and the colleagues presented the for the food web of the Romualdo Formation. The researchers proposed that spinosaurines from the formation preyed on terrestrial and aquatic crocodyliforms, juveniles of their own species (cannibalism before the allosaurus discovery/it was cool), turtles, and small to medium-sized dinosaurs. This would have made spinosaurines apex predators within their ecosystem! :)

      Source's: https://sp.lyellcollection.org/content/455/1/7https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08912960410001674200https://paleorxiv.org/mjt95/

      >For Siamosaurus : In the Sao Khua Formation, localities such as Wat Sakawan have yielded sauropod remains in Direct association with tooth crowns from Siamosaurus, this strongly indicates that this Spinosaurinae indeed consumed literal sauropods!

      Source's : https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031018299000048https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147031

      I hope this is a well made list for you, feel free to share this with the people that do not know or being aware of the diet of Spinosaurids, as simply dubbing off off the Spinosaurids as 'specialized piscivores' is extremely inaccurate, and even invalid! :D

        Loading editor
    • I am good thank you

      gee whiz you're a paleontologist

      took me 5 minutes to read

      enjoy your day and stay safe :)

        Loading editor
    • SpinoVoid wrote: I am good thank you

      gee whiz you're a paleontologist

      took me 5 minutes to read

      enjoy your day and stay safe :)

      Thank you very much! :] I try to research all the avaiable subjects about the topic Stay safe indeed; feel free to ask more question if/when you'ld like 👍

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • It's related to a series I'm doing, and also about a wiki I launched.

      Loading editor
    • View all 8 replies
    • Firekong1 wrote: That sounds cool, but I'm making an episode about Skull Island focusing on the animals, and the animals won't be domesticated or tamed.

      Than a Survey/Biologist team that has tracked down the isle, research each creature individually for their breakthrought

        Loading editor
    • Thanks, that's a good one. I'm going to put in quite a few creatures.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I sent videos from YouTube and from my Flintstones dvd as proof to show Brandonjcruz that Dino is a Snorkasaurus and he is calling me a lair even with all the evidence that I have given him.

    You or someone else needs to talk to Brandojcruz I can't get through to him he won't listen to me he is mad at me and he doesn't believe me he wants to believe his own lies instead of what I have show to him. Answer fast because he is in a fit of rage right now.

      Loading editor
    • View all 7 replies
    • X-Mutant wrote: Here is a link to the page. [[1]] Hold though I think I messed up with the link I will try to fix it if there us anything wrong with the link.

      Link doesn't appear -- copy/paste the page on the writing section

        Loading editor
    • X-Mutant wrote: Here is a link to the page. [[1]] Hold though I think I messed up with the link I will try to fix it if there us anything wrong with the link.

      I got the link fixed now go ahead and click on it. Better hurry because he is now telling me to stop what I have said and done. Also please watch the videos over there on the link. It will appear now I fixed it.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hello I hope that you don't mind but I can't get a hold anyone I was wondering if you could help with the problem?

    Well I have someone named Dinosaurs20 who is telling me that I am wrong about General Scales from Star Fox Adventures I own the game he is a leader of a group of Allosaurus called the Sharpclaws. He tries to say General Scales a T-Rex but I said he isn't. Dinosaurs20 said what makes Scales a T-Rex is his head and his two metal hooks on his left hand. He says a T-Rex has two fingers but the metal hooks replace his original hand so that doesn't make him a T-Rex.

    He has three fingers on his right hand and the real T-Rex in the game are called Redeyes General Scales is smaller than the Redeye members and he doesn't look anything like them. Dinosaurs say Scales is an anthropomorphic T-Rex but I told him I have played the game and none of the Redeyes/T-Tex in the game are anthropomorphic the Sharpclaws however are anthropomorphic. I also told him that the Sharpclaws talk the Redeyes do not.

    He keeps saying that General Scales is a T-Rex but when I point out he leads some Allosaurus and that Scles has nothing in common with the T-Rex that I know because I played the game. Dinosaurs20 said our business was through he didn't want to hear what I said about General Scales.

      Loading editor
    • View all 7 replies
    • X-Mutant wrote:
      He didn't change the Flintstones page he changed the character Dino. Dino just got his own page a few days ago and Brandojcruz changed Dino's page two times.

      Feel free to re-edit the page, I would supervise the editing

        Loading editor
    • Ok thanks sorry about what these two people are doing with fictional dinosaur characters.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • just popping in, hope you are staying safe.



    still not admin?

      Loading editor
  • I asked someone on here to try to help me identify some dinosaurs and apparently the person is not happy with me right. We are both really angry with each other and I think that he just rushed through identifying them just so he can be done with helping me. He told me to never ask him for help anymore and I have a feeling that he hated me asking since first time I asked.😞

    Why do I as well like I am being treated like I did something wrong in real life and on the internet.😞

      Loading editor
    • View all 12 replies
    • X-Mutant wrote: Sorry I went back to add more to the comment.

      How much exaggeration would you say is used when people make dinosaurs for games and films?

      How much? The movie depicts 'creatures & war-manchines' instead of animals

      Take a Look @ this : https://66.media.tumblr.com/468826adeb736f45c056e7e1976fbc96/d6d3c1e7a442447f-32/s1280x1920/a2550f023480c799406402146735e60e499b8e8d.jpg

      Perfection

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I would say that is correct completely true.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I found some animals that I would like for you to look at and tell me what they are. First one here is a dinosaur with a horn on it's nose. Next is a prehistoric boar from the same game that dinosaur comes from. Even though it's in a prehistoric game it might be a normal boar I don't know. Next is some kind of bull or oxen pulling a wagon. They all come from a game called Brutal Age.
    20200604 233142
    20200604 233504
    20200605 082712
      Loading editor
    • View all 5 replies
    • Ok thanks.

        Loading editor
    • Would the first photo be a Triceratops if I am correct? But the next few I am not sure. Without the giant weapons on their backs what would your guess be on what type of dinosaurs they are.
      20200521 024037
      20200521 030050
      20200521 030121
      20200521 030158
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  •   Loading editor
  • I was looking up and and I think that the Musk Ox from the Icea Age Films is probably a Bootherium because that is a species of musk ox.

      Loading editor
    • X-Mutant wrote: I was looking up and and I think that the Musk Ox from the Icea Age Films is probably a Bootherium because that is a species of musk ox.

      Agreed; the real-life equavilent was that animal 👍

        Loading editor
    • Also I found out the real version of Precious the Whale from Ice Age is an Livyatan which is a giant extinction whale. However the the 4th Ice Age film exaggerates the size of the livyatan it's big noyt not as big as the film made Precious.

      Also I don't think I will be able to find Buck the Weasel's real-life equivalent. I don't think he was based off of a real prehistoric weasel. Samething with Squint the Rabbit or Teddy the Rabbit from the Ice Age series.

        Loading editor
    • X-Mutant wrote: Also I found out the real version of Precious the Whale from Ice Age is an Livyatan which is a giant extinction whale. However the the 4th Ice Age film exaggerates the size of the livyatan it's big noyt not as big as the film made Precious.

      Agreed; ice age overexaggrates the situation of the animal's

        Loading editor
    • Yes that is true about Ice Age but I still like those movies. I also added information about Buck the Weasel and Squint the Rabbit in the earlier comment. I was just slow with the post of those characters.

      Ice Age Wiki original said that Squint, Teddy and all the rabbits in the Ice Age movies said they were Palaolagus but for some reason the Ice Age Wiki removed that information. It is good that this wiki here still says that those characters are palaolagus. It's good that information here this wiki about the rabbits from the Ice Age still counts then as being palaolagus it good that information is still up on here.👍

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.