Hesperornis (Western Bird) was a genus of large toothy flightless seabird from the Late Cretaceous. its lifestyle was very similar to that of a penguin's, a flightless cormorant from the Galápagos Islands "Including some other species of cormorant" or a loon.
Hesperornis was a large bird, reaching up to 1.8 meters (5.9 feet) in length.
The first Hesperornis specimen was discovered in 1871 by Othniel Charles Marsh.
In the Media
- Hesperornis Appeared in The 3rd chapter episode of Chased By Sea Monsters AKA Sea Monsters: A Walking with Dinosaurs Trilogy.
- It also appeared in National Geographic's Sea Monsters A Prehistoric Adventure as well as the game spinoff.
- It even appeared in one of the episodes of Primeval Season 1.
- It was seen in some episodes of Dinosaur Train & There's 1 Hesperornis who lives near The Big Pond named Jess.
- Hesperornis appeared in ARK: Survival Evolved.